Congratulations on being named an INDIES winner!
Winning an award is a big deal, and a great reason to start up a new marketing campaign for your book. Here are some ideas on how you can do so across all of your platforms!
Your online presence:
- Announce your good news on social media, and rack up the likes, retweets, loves, and pins!
- Update all of your book listings—Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IndieBound, and everywhere your book is listed—to include mention of being a Foreword INDIES Winner.
- Write a blog about what being a winner means to you, post it on your website, and see if others will share it on theirs.
- Be sure your book’s cover has the INDIES winner seal (click here to purchase) everywhere it appears online.
Reach out to the community:
- Share your news with your local library. Librarians love to support local authors, so work with them to create an event around your book, or offer to donate some copies.
- Use being a winner as a catalyst to present your book to local booksellers and other businesses—the more places your book is available, the more chances you have to sell copies.
Alert the media:
- Send out a press release—no one can report on you or your book if they don’t know about it. Here’s a template for a press release if you need one.
- Think outside the box: the local newspaper, Chamber of Commerce, the bookstore, even your college alumni association all likely have newsletters.
Take Advantage of Foreword Reviews’ coverage and platform!
- Find us on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and LinkedIn, and share our posts about the INDIES Winners.
- Tag us in your posts and use the hashtag #ForewordINDIES so we can find your posts and share them with our audience.
- A lot of people find us on Google; your book can show up in more Google searches by including “Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards Winner” in your book’s description wherever it appears online.
- Add the INDIES Winner seal to all of your print and e-book covers to draw attention to your book. 2018 winners each receive a free roll of 500 foil seals. Additional foil seals, and the digital imprint, can be purchased on our website.