Congratulations on being named an INDIES winner!
Winning an award is a big deal, and a great reason to revive your marketing efforts for this title. Publishers and authors alike will find the following list a good starting point.
Your online presence:
- Announce your good news on social media, and rack up the likes, retweets, loves, and pins! Don't forget to tag your post with #ForewordINDIES.
- Update all of your book listings—Edelweiss, Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IndieBound, Bookshop, and everywhere your book is listed—to include mention of being a Foreword INDIES Winner.
- Write a blog post about what being a winner means to you, post it on your website, and see if others will share it with their audiences.
- Be sure your book’s cover has the Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Honorable Mention INDIES winner seal everywhere it appears online. (Wanting to print the seal directly on your book cover? The high-resolution digital imprint, as well as additional foil seals, are available for purchase on our website.)
Reach out to the community:
- Share the news with your local library. Librarians love to support local authors, so work with them to create an event around your book, or offer to donate signed copies.
- Use your winning status as a catalyst to present your book to local booksellers and other businesses—the more places your book is available, the more chances you have to sell copies.
Alert the media:
- Send out a press release—no one can report on you or your book if they don’t know about it. Here’s a template for a press release if you need one.
- Think outside the box: the local newspaper, Chamber of Commerce, the bookstore, even your college alumni association all likely have newsletters.
Take Advantage of Foreword Reviews’ print and digital coverage, plus social media platforms!
- Find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and share our posts about the INDIES Winners.
- Tag us in your posts and use the hashtag #ForewordINDIES so we can find your posts and share them with our audience.
- A lot of people find us on Google; your book can show up in more Google searches by including “Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards Winner” in your book’s description wherever it appears online.
- Add the INDIES Winner seal to all of your print and e-book covers to draw attention to your book. 2019 winners each receive a free roll of 500 foil seals. Additional foil seals, and the high-resolution digital imprint, can be purchased on our website.