NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Foreword Magazine April 2013 giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry and otherwise qualify as eligible under these Rules. Employees of Foreword Magazine (“Foreword” or “Administrator”), Traverse City Film Festival, National Writers Series, IHG, and their parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Foreword’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Promotion consists of a giveaway (the “giveaway”).
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on April 4th, 2013, 3pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit the website and complete and submit the online registration form (https://www.forewordreviews.com/15-years/enter/) including a Full name, Email Address, Street, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number and confirmation that you are over 21 and otherwise are eligible. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Once you fill out the registration form, in its entirety, and submit, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the giveaway. If you do not provide accurate registration information, you will not receive a giveaway entry. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Entrants may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with submission details.
Limit: Each participant is eligible to receive one (1) giveaway during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Foreword is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. Giveaway Drawing: Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Giveaway:Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential Prize Winner from all eligible entries on or around June 1, 2013. The First Prize is a trip for two to Traverse City, MI for three nights during the Traverse City Film Festival (July 30-August 2, 2013). The second prize is a trip for two to Traverse City, MI for two nights during a National Writer’s Series Event in the Fall of 2013. The prizes include airfare, hotel, meal vouchers and two Film Festival day passes/Writer’s Series tickets. The Traverse City Film Festival prize is valued at $2995. The National Writer’s Series prize is valued at $1990.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GIVEAWAY SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ADMINISTRATOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and a condition of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. Each potential prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) (except where prohibited), which must be received by Administrator within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize (if applicable). If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All alternate potential winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected after which the Prize will remain un-awarded.
7. Prizes: (A) giveaway Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: There will be one (1) Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) and one (1) Second Prize (Second Prize”) (collectively “Prize” or “Prizes”) awarded. The Grand Prize Winner and their guest will receive round trip airfare, three nights lodging, tickets to indie films showing at the TCFF, and a red carpet reception at The BOX, a historic landmark in downtown Traverse City, for the following dates: July 30-August 2, 2013. Second Prize winner and their guest will receive round-trip airfare, two nights lodging, tickets to one of National Writers Series Fall 2013 events and a Foreword Reviews’ celebration with a myriad of local writers, reviewers, staff, and fellow lovers of literature at a reception at the Foreword Reviews’ offices located at The BOX. If Prize Winners elect not to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize, any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other Prize and travel restrictions or as decided by the Administrator. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least 50 days prior to intended departure date. ARV of Prizes may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Prize Winner. Prize Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider. All Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time. The approximate value of both prizes is $4985.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Administrator’s sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES IN THE GIVEAWAY: $4985
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Foreword Magazine and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Administrator’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Administrator’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the, as determined by Administrator or Administrator in its sole discretion. In such event, Administrator reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the giveaway, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Administrator, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Administrator reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action (exclusive of Prize Claims defined below) arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located in Traverse City, MI; provided, however, that claims for bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage arising out of the redemption, use or misuse of any portion of the Prize (“Prize Claims”) must be submitted to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of Michigan, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Administrator in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winners’ List: To receive a list of the winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Foreword Magazine April 2013 Giveaway – Winners’ List, Attn: Jennifer Szunko, 425 Boardman Ave. Traverse City, MI 49684, within sixty (60) days of expiration of the giveaway Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Foreword Magazine April 2013 giveaway – Official Rules, Attn: Jennifer Szunko, 425 Boardman Ave. Traverse City, MI 49684, prior to the end of the giveaway Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
Administrator: Foreword Magazine, Inc. Attn: Jennifer Szunko, 425 Boardman Ave. Traverse City, MI 49684,
Grand Prize Provider: Foreword Magazine, Inc. Attn: Jennifer Szunko, 425 Boardman Ave. Traverse City, MI 49684,
Second Prize Provider: Foreword Magazine, Inc. Attn: Jennifer Szunko, 425 Boardman Ave. Traverse City, MI 49684,
Administrator: Foreword Magazine, Inc. Attn: Jennifer Szunko, 425 Boardman Ave. Traverse City, MI 49684,